This little picture is called a gravatar.
The word “gravatar” stands for “globally recognized avatar” and it is something that you need on your blog for several reasons.
First of all, a gravatar makes you look more authentic and more professional.
Secondly, readers will associate you with your picture which helps to build relationships with other bloggers and with your audience. In other words, it promotes your brand…which is YOU.
Anything we can do to stand out in the infinite sea of bloggers and internet information has got to be a good thing, right?
So that is WHY you need one. Now for the HOW:
HOW TO CREATE A GRAVATAR FOR YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG:
1. Go to www.gravatar.com
2. On the login screen, click “create an account” and put in your information.
3. Gravatar.com will then send you a confirmation email. Go to your email and click to confirm.
4. This takes you to WordPress.com where you will sign in to gravatar.com with the account information that you created in step 2.
6. Click at the designated spot and arrive at another page which gives you four choices of where to get your image:
Past uploads – Select this to use an image that you have already uploaded to gravatar.com.
From URL – This is the choice to use an image of you that is found somewhere on the internet.
From webcam – This gives the website access to your computer’s webcam so that you can take a picture of yourself to use.
7. To complete the process of uploading a photo, select “Crop and finish.”
8. Next, choose a rating. The “G” rating will allow you to be seen on most websites.
9. Finally, the last step is the confirmation page.
Now that your gravatar is complete, you can go ahead and fill out your profile information. At the top of the page click on Profile and you will see this:
Fill out the page with your information and click “save profile.”
HOW TO ADD THE GRAVATAR TO YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG:
1. Log in to your WordPress site.
2. Next, in the left column, scroll down to “Users,” then to “Your Profile.”
3. Go to Contact information and update the email address to the same email address that you used when you made your gravatar account.
4. Now click “Update Profile” in the bottom left corner and right away your gravatar image will show up under “Profile Picture.”
That’s it! You now have a gravatar!
WE WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD SHARE OUR POST ON PINTEREST:
Here are a few other posts that you might find interesting: